Wednesday 11 June 2014

Almond Sugar Cookies

After making almond milk, once finished straining you're left with almond but pulp. I didn't want to throw the pulp out so I decided to make sugar cookies using them.

I couldn't find a recipe for the cookies without then using dates and I'm not the biggest fan of dates so I made one up.

Cream 1/4 cup of butter

Add almond pulp, I had about 3/4 cup, but it would have been better with more. (Freezing the pulp works well too because it'll last a long time!)

I added a tbsp of honey, then added about 1/4 cup white sugar.

About a cup of all purpose flour was added.

Now mix!

Roll into balls, then press them flat gently. Or you can use a cookie press.

I baked mine at 350°F for about 14 minutes! Then ate them with a glass of almond milk. 

Results:
The cookies were still raw on the inside, but the bottoms were browned enough that I couldn't place them back on the oven without burning them.
I'd probably try lowering the temperature and toasting the almond pulp before using it. Maybe look at a sugar cookie recipe and alter that a bit.
All in all, the cookie doesn't taste half bad while it's only half cooked.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup Butter or Margarine
3/4 cup (more or less) Almond pulp
1 tbsp Honey
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour

Directions:
1) Cream sugar and butter together, add honey, almond pulp and flour and mix well.

2) Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment